The Virginia Geriatrics Society is committed to advancing health care for the elderly through:
- Promoting high standards of health care for the elderly and to advance the quality of episodic and long term institutional and non-institutional care in the commonwealth of Virginia.
- Assisting in the education of medical students and physicians and other health care personnel in issues of particular concern regarding the elderly.
- Fostering professional and public awareness concerning issues in geriatric medicine.
- Encouraging and promoting research in the broad field of geriatrics and gerontology.
- Serving as a forum for discussion of issues pertaining to geriatric medicine by concerned physicians and health professionals.
- Acting as a resource to professional and lay organizations, government agencies, and community programs in the areas of care of the elderly.
- Fostering the above objectives in cooperation with the American Geriatrics Society and to coordinate activities with other professional societies and interested groups regarding issues in geriatrics.
Our bylaws outline our mission; articles of corporation; membership; guidelines for electing our board of directors and officers; committee structure; and annual schedule. Read the bylaws »
Board of Directors & Officers
The VGS Board of Directors is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s programs and goals match the VGS’ mission. The Board also sets policy, oversees programs and provides fiduciary oversight. The following geriatric professionals generously share their time and talents serving as board members and officers of the VGS:
Peter Boling, President